Sunday, 1 April 2012

Cover Crazy: Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie

**Welcome to Cover Crazy! This is a feature on Bookhi that focuses on nothing but book covers. Most people judge books by their covers, even without realising; it might not catch their eye or appeal to their reading preference. I will post about new releases, beautiful covers, UK vs US and pretty much anything that takes my fancy to do with them.**

I LOVE the Matched covers. If the actual stories are as good as they look, then they are brilliant. The third book cover has just been released and (the actual book will be out on the 13th November 2012) I keep on meaning to show you the beautiful cover!

Here are all three of the covers. Matched, Crossed and Reached.

I love it when books in series match. The first one (in my opinion) represents like she is trapped in the world. Crossed is her breaking free and Reached is managing to escape. Perhaps the next one in the series (if there is going to be one!) will be her completely out of the glass ball and leaving it behind.

I also love (I think I have used to word 'love' like a million times by now) the font. One letter in each of them is different to the rest. It also really goes with the background and image too. The covers are so simple and unique, and it makes me really want to buy the book!

What do you think?

Zoe xx

6 comments:

  1. I love all the covers and the sequence of them. I've never noticed [silly me] how she's breaking out. Maybe if I'd read the books...
    But now you've pointed it out, it's so clever! Great post.(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, these covers are lovely! I've read Matched and I'm currently reading Crossed. I wouldn't say they are my favourites - this is the second attempt at reading Crossed! But reviews have said it's good once you get more into the book... let's hope! Great post! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read Matched, it was good enough! I love all the covers for theses books, I like the pattern! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I also love it when covers in a series match and I really like the covers of the Matched series. I've actually read Matched and can't wait to read Crossed and Reached! =D


    Here's my Cover Crazy!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  5. roro - Thank you! :)

    Ria - Hehe, the illustrator is so clever. I am hoping to read the books soon too, hope you enjoy it when you get your hands on it :)

    Rachel - Yeah, I found your review on Crossed really interesting. But it must be worth it if you gave it a second chance! :)

    Cliona - I agree, these are probably my favourite series of covers. I hope my view of the covers matches my view of the book :)

    Sana - The series sounds great, the covers definitely catch my eye. I love your blog by the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome! I read every single one and really appreciate you visiting my blog! :)

*hugs and gives you a free unicorn*