Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Interview with blogger, Rachel

Today I got the chance to interview an amazing blogger Rachel from Booktastic Reviews. We both interviewed each other, to see her interview on me click here. She is a really friendly person and her blog is one of my favourites. I hope you like her blog as much as I do!


Hi, If you got sent a book to review and you didn't like it, would you still review it honestly?
I would like to think I would. I sort of do. I have reviewed a book before which I wasn't particularly sure what I felt about it so I mentioned that in my review. Does that count as honesty? If I have a small problem with a book I also mention that, but usually (even with books that I have mixed feelings about) I follow the bad point up with something good. If I don't like a book there is a good chance other people will so I try to involve a lot of information.

Do you have any other blogs and what are they?
I have a daily blog, The Story of My Life, which I ramble on about what goes on in my general life but I don't use it nearly as much as I use Booktastic Reviews. Don't tell anyone but I slightly prefer reading about somebody else's life in a book (they usually have powers or go on a dangerous and thrilling quest)!

What is coming soon for your blog?
More reviews, more recommendations, more bookish memes, more interviews, more sneak peeks, more everything really! I have also been discussing with a friend about a monthly activity that we might be starting but I don't want to tell you any more because it's a surprise!

Why did you start blogging?
There is actually a couple of reasons. I was browsing through my friend's book blog and I thought, why don't I do that? It seemed fun - which it is, blogging books is great - and a great way to share my opinions and recommendations of books.

If you had one day to live, what would you do?
I think I would like to sky dive. Anything thrilling really: bungee jumping, free climbing, rock climbing, explore the amazon rainforest - I don't know why really but after reading Journey To The River Sea by Eva Ibbotson I just really think it would be cool to see what it would be like in the Amazon Rainforest, lol.

If you were running out of a burning building (your home) which two books would you grab and why?
Hmmm, this is a hard one. Based on what is on my bookshelves the first one I would grab would probably be, Harry Potter and The Philosophers Stone because I am never tired of reading J.K Rowling's creation. I have read every book in the Harry Potter books about 5 times each! The second book would be... oh this is too hard! There is so many I would love to pick... Maybe The Star of Kazan by Eva Ibbotson or Lily Alone by Jacqueline Wilson... mmm or maybe a book which I haven't got on to reading yet! I don't think I can pick but I will make myself. Harry Potter and The Philosophers Stone by J.K Rowling and The Star of Kazan by Eva Ibbotson. 

What is your ideal future career? 
Oh there is a long list for this one, lol. Maybe a journalist, an equine therapist, a writer or someone who works at an animal shelter. Maybe I could juggle them all... Not likely!

What inspired you to create a blog?
This one is simple. My friends! They all have fantastic blogs so I decided to make one too. 

You read books, but do you write them? 
Sometimes. Depends what mood I am in. I like to write when I am bored or when I just feel like putting pen to paper. I usually start writing a novel but never finish it. My imagination is wild so I tend to write fantasy.

If you could spend a day with anyone in the world who would it be (dead or alive)?
Possibly, Jacqueline Wilson. I would just love to watch her at work and watch how her imagination flows on to the paper so easily.

Quick Questions
Cats or Dogs: Dogs. I have two of my own (Taz and Otto) so I can't possibly choose cats.

TV or Internet:  Internet. I spend way to much time on the computer though...

Read or Write: Read. For the simple reason that will help my imagination for writing later on.

Crisps or Chocolate: Crisps. I am a chocoholic though but if I'm honest I love a good pack of Walkers Crisps.

Harry Potter or Gallagher Girls: Harry Potter. For the simple reason I am only half way through my first Gallagher Girls book.

Thanks Rachel!
This was really fun to do! Great questions, thanks for interviewing me! :o)

Don't forget to check out her blog!

Zoe x
PS. Feel free to send me an e-mail if you want to interview me! Just click on the 'contact' tab page :c)

PPS. Check out the great competition on The Mile Long Bookshelf by Amber where you can win 3 Diary of The Wimpy Kid books! And it is international! Couldn't get any better, right?!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful interview of a great book-blogger! (And I love Walkers crisps too... :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention! And cool interview :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for doing this, Zoe, it was really fun! My blog title is Booktastic Reviews** :o) It is Cliona's who is Bookster Reviews, lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luisa - who doesn't?! Thanks :)

    Amber - Your welcome, and thank you!

    Rachel - Oh, sorry! I will change it. I am ALWAYS getting them mixed up. So sorry!! Whoops.... lol :cD

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are similar, lol :) Head on over to Booktastic Reviews to see this new meme thingy-meh-bobby HERE LOL :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome! I read every single one and really appreciate you visiting my blog! :)

*hugs and gives you a free unicorn*